Monday, November 26, 2012

A Glittery Start To Christmas

I have begun my Christmas decorating as of yesterday and am so giggly pleased with how it is turning out.  I know I will be adding things here and there but thought I would share my den where my family spends Christmas opening their gifts. 
I started out doing it just like last year with the aqua and hot pink but the hot pink just wasnt speaking to me, so after much deliberation I decided it was off with the hot pink and on with the baby pink and now I am loving it.
It is amazing at night with the lights on and my hubby loves it as well.
There is just something about these colors and the snow on the branches that is so Christmasy (is that a word) to me.  I wrapped tulle between each light of the twinkle lights and it gives it an even more soft look.
I love the pink candy canes and snowflakes intermingled with it.
Oh, and I couldnt do without some silver and crystal.
My tree isnt completely finished.  I want to buy some picks to stick in the tree to give it a snowy effect also.  Plan to do that tomorrow.
 
 
  
Hope you are having as much fun as I am decorating.  Plan on doing my kitchen in gingerbread again this year, so that is next.  Hope to get it done by the weekend.

Hugs
Ginger

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hi Ginger, I love it, it is very christmasy! I like the soft baby colors best also. It really does look "alot like christmas". Hope yours is a very merry one.

sissie said...

Hi Ginger,
I can't imagine anyone doing a mantel any prettier than yours. It's magical and so pretty. Love all the soft whites and your tree is beautiful.

hugs
Sissie

tina said...

home is so beautiful!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Ginger,
It looks stunning!!
I am moving so slow with my decorating this year. I feel like I am taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back...

Hugs,
Deb

James and Tammy said...

Everything looks so beautiful! I love the mantle so much. The pink and blue look so beautiful together. I can't wait to see it in person!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, Ginger it is gorgeous...I think it is perfect shabby. I don't remember the hot pink from last year, but I know I love the light pink. And me....Nope, I have not even started!!!

Carol